Abiola Akinwunmi Adesioye Law Firm

You can count on us!

If you are unsure whether you are entitled to the benefits of being a U.S. citizen, contact the Abiola Akinwunmi Adesioye Law Firm for a consultation with one of our experienced team members. We can provide you with the advice and guidance you need.

We offer affordable payment options for our services


Wondering if you can claim U.S. citizenship?

There are many individuals living both inside and outside the U.S. and outside of it who do not know that they are U.S. citizens. Citizenship law is very complicated. If you have at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen when you were born and who lived for a period of time in the U.S., you may be a U.S. citizen. For answers to this complex question, it is best to consult with an experienced law firm that is familiar with the state and federal immigration court systems.


If you arrived in the U.S. legally (with inspection), and you are married to a U.S. citizen, you are most likely eligible for permanent residency (green card), even if you overstayed your visa.

Permanent residency versus citizenship

Unlike permanent residency, citizenship gives you the right to vote and to remain in the U.S. forever without fear of ever being deported/removed. If you have been a permanent resident for at least five years or a permanent resident through marriage for at least three years, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship through naturalization. Contact our office to inquire whether you meet all other eligibility requirements.

Citizen-USA citizenship